I knew the moment would come when I would have to start thinking about my next adventure and start applying for jobs, but I didn’t realize it would be this soon. I have been putting a lot of thought into whether or not I want to extend my contract here at Snow Mountain Ranch, work at the local summer camp: Camp Chief Ouray, or move onto a new place and a new adventure. I am still very much enjoying my time here at SMR and still have a ways left to go, but I have decided for several reasons that it is time to move on when my contract ends in May. With the experience I have acquired here, the friends I have made and the networking I have done, many possibilities have opened up to me and I wanted to share them with you.
Today I submitted applications for:
- An all girls camp in Sweden, Maine: Camp Tapawingo to be a photography instructor. A good friend of mine here has worked there for three summers and gave me a glowing recommendation.
- A dog sledding team on a glacier in Alaska: Icefield Expeditions to be a dog handler/photographer. The job is in a remote location on a Glacier in Southeast Alaska only accesible by helicopter.
- Yellowstone National Park: BrushBuck Guide Services to be a wildlife tour guide. Could you imagine anything cooler? Really?
I am going to continue to keep my eyes peeled for opportunities over the next couple weeks and months and I will keep you posted. Wish me luck!